Top Bar
Bottom Bar


Hornet Logo With ACMS


Parents, Welcome to Anne Chesnutt Year Round Middle School
Starting school can be a very arduous process. Ann Chesnutt Guidance department strives to make the registration process simple and easy for transitioning students and parents. For questions about registration, please contact our Registrar, Mrs. Kathleen Gambrell via e-mail, fax or phone.

E-mail: [email protected]

Phone: 910.867.9147

Fax: 910.868.3695

Please note!
  • All students must be enrolled by a natural parent or legal custodian.
  • Students cannot register without proper documentation!
Transfering From Outside of Cumberland County

If you are transferring to the Cumberland County School System from another school system/ district:

Parents, take your child to the school in your district* and present the following records to the school:

  • Child’s Birth Certificate
  • Child’s Immunization/shot record (Parents of 7th graders see below!)
  • Proof of Residency (Current mortgage, lease, utility bill)
  • Proof of Current Grade level/Withdrawal form from the previous school attended (You’ll need a copy of your child’s current report card with grades or withdrawal papers from your child’s previous school.)
  • Child’s Social Security Card
  • Special Education Record / IEP
  • Proof of Custody Paperwork

NEW IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENT!  ALL 7th Graders must have the following immunizations before enrolling in a Cumberland County School:

  • Tetanus
  • Diphtheria
  • Pertussis (Tdap)
  • Menacta / Meningitis

*If you are not sure which school your child should attend you may contact the Student Assignment Office at 910.678.2616 or check the School District Map.

Transfering Within The Cumberland County School System
If you have moved to a new attendance area in Cumberland County:

  • Withdraw from your current school.
  • Take the withdrawal form to the new school to register along with Proof of Immunization.
  • You must also show proof of your new address. (Deed of Trust, current lease or utility bill)
Hardship Transfers (Special Assignment)
The parent /custodian must complete a “Special Assignment Request Form” and submit it to the Planning & Student Assignment Office.   The request will be reviewed by the appropriate Associate Superintendent.   The final decision will be based on:

  • Physical Handicap of the student
  • Mental Handicap of the student
  • Emotional Handicap of the student
  • Extenuating circumstances stated by the parent
  • Enrollment and growth potential of the schools involved.
Choice Schools
The Governed Choice School Program allows students to apply for a school outside of their attendance area.  For more information go to the Governed Choice Programs on the Cumberland County Schools (CCS) website.
The following forms are those most commonly needed by parents working within Cumberland County Schools. If you have any questions about one of the forms listed below, please call the Student Assignment Office at 910.678.2616.

Printable Forms

  • Employee Application: for Employees of the school who want their children to attend school in the district where they work.  This form must be completed, signed by the Principal, and returned to the Student Assignment Office.
  • County Release Form: grants permission for release from Cumberland County School System to attend another Public School System.  This form may be sent in to the Student Assignment Office.  A copy will be sent back to you showing that it was received and placed on the Board Agenda.
  • The CCS 2019-2020 HS Course Selection Guide is available for all students planning on attending ninth grade within the county. Parents and students may click on the link to get information about the high schools available and the curriculum offered. Additional information on specific classes and graduation requirements are included in the document as well.



Published by Kelley Ambersley-Ray on September 12, 2019