Top Bar

Bottom Bar

Congratulations Mr. Holston!
Published by Kelley Ambersley-Ray on June 14, 2018
.........................................................................................................................................

Anne Chesnutt is pleased to announce its 2018-2019 Teacher of the Year, Mr. Joel Holston!

This year’s teacher of the year is a Fayetteville, North Carolina native. Joel Holston Jr began working for Anne Chesnutt Middle School in August 2014. A graduate of Terry Sanford High School and Fayetteville State University with his Bachelor’s of Science in Middle Grades Education, Holston is certified to teach English Language Arts and Social Studies for grades 6-9.

Holston comes from a loving family, he is an only child with his parents Joel and Vickie Holston who are a hard-working couple. His father put in 20 plus years at the local Goodyear tire plant, and his mother has been a consistent self-made entrepreneur in the field of cosmetology for over two decades as well.
Ironically Mr. Holston had not set out to become a teacher. As life evolves and changes he arrived at the conclusion that, “I wanted a job I could do for a long time, something that I enjoyed, helped people and most importantly mattered.” Holston arrived at teaching middle school with the urging on of his family.
“I try to pride myself on getting to know my kids, their interests and molding that into how I will teach them.” Holston takes on several additional responsibilities beyond his teacher role. He serves on the CCS Middle Grades ELA task force implementing ideas and strategies to promote student engagement and success. In addition to that, he is the ACMS ELA Department Chairperson as well as the Assistant Coach for the school’s Forensics team. Holston also serves as the Vice Chairperson on the ACMS School Improvement team.
“I enjoy what I do, I love being in my classroom with my kids, I feel like my life is fulfilled by helping a young mind get to the next level to be better.”
“I have had a ton of support here at Chesnutt, this whole experience being named teacher of the year is so humbling, and I appreciate all the good vibes from my faculty and students.”
“Every child that I have ever taught, I hope they remember how they impacted my life, and somehow, someway I hope I’ve had a positive influence on theirs, they will always be one of my kids.”

Bottom Bar

• Visit links for more information

• Visit links for more information

Bottom Bar

Cumberland County Schools
2465 Gillespie Street • Fayetteville, NC 28306
910.678.2300

© Cumberland County Schools
Send questions or comments to
Web Manager

Website Accessibility I Accesibilidad a las Pбginas Web | Copyright/Privacy Notices and Disclaimers | Derecho de Propiedad Literaria/Avisos Privados y Renuncias